Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cairo, Egypt and Amman, Jordan










We arrived into Amman Jordan, and had a stop into Cairo for a few hours yesterday. I was amazed flying over Cairo, just how many pyramids, and apartment buildings there are. On approach, I handed my camera to Bob to snap a couple pics. You can see pyramids that were completed and others that were not. Lina our new flight attendant has joined us and has just finished taking me around Amman which is where she grew up. Tomorrow morning we will be flying to Bahrain early in the morning, then to Riyadh, and back to Amman Thursday. I am doing much better understanding just what these controllers are trying to telling us, which is a good thing. I've gotten a tentative schedule for the month and it looks like I will be in Malaga, Spain for two weeks!!!! How cool is that. Anyways here are a couple of pics...I haven't posted anything for a couple days because there hasn't been a whole lot going on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cairo looks huge and very crowded. The air looks dusty. Is that the photo or is it really like that there? - JON

John Mitchell said...

Yeah Jon, all of the city's have that dusty look to them. Dubai has a new terminal at the airport that looks like a big glass bubble but it is covered in dust. That's just what they are used to living in the desert. One thing I haven't mentioned is that the drivers everywhere are crazy! I was impressed with Lina's driving in Amman because I wouldn't want to take my ride on these streets.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome!! You're lucky to have a local to show you around and get a real feel for the culture as opposed to the 'ol touristy adventures!!

Anonymous said...

John, Those pyramids are incredible. So you just get your schedule and stay wherever you go and for however long? jerrod