Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Berlin, Germany then back to Seattle






We flew the plane to Berlin, Germany for maintenance and had a chance to do a little touring around. Steve had a flight out the first morning, so Lina and I ventured out. Berlin is a nice city that reminded me a little of Geneva. The climate is much the same as Seattle. There is a destroyed church in the center of what used to be West Berlin. The damaged tower is a symbol of Berlin's resolve to rebuild the city after the war and a constant reminder of the destruction of war. We also came across pieces of the Berlin Wall which are placed around the city for historical and remembrance purposes. We caught our flights home the next day, my flight was first to JFK in NY then on to Seattle, a total of 14 hours of flying. I am so glad that my company airlines me on business class otherwise the flight would have been a little torturous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home for a little while. I'm calling you ASAP. - JON

Anonymous said...

I bet you'll be glad to be home! You know the sayin', "Home Sweet Home"

-Jess