Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ramadan in the Middle East

We've been flying around the Middle East for the last week. Most flights are in the middle of the night due to the fasting and sleeping during the day. I've been told that during Ramadan, you cannot eat or drink in public during the day or you will be sent to jail until it ends, and caned 40 times. Lately I've been sleeping through the day and staying awake at night which is good because my body is changing its clock back to our time. I'll be back in the US on the third and in Washington around the tenth. When I return at the end of Oct. there is talk of a trip to Kuala Lumpur and some other destinations that will be a lot of fun. I wish I had some pics to post but there really hasn't been much to take pictures of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us know when you will be over, even if it's just for a day - JON