Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Here in Saudi Arabia


I've arrived in Saudi Arabia. Last night we flew in from Europe and it was quite an experience for me. I had a very hard time understanding the controllers on the radio. Bob told me that I will get used to it making it a lot more easy. A few times they told us to do something and I would think to myself "Are they even speaking English?" Other than that, it was a great couple of legs. We flew from London down over France then along Italy on our way to Cairo. I could visibly see the boot that is formed by Italy. Unfortunately there was no stay in Cairo and we had to reposition the airplane down to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The airplane had a small issue once we were on the ground which actually has us grounded here until we can get a mechanic to fly out to check it out. There was a small amount of smoke in the cockpit while we were cleaning up. Today we started it up and everything operated properly with no smoke so I'm thinking that this one may be a head scratcher for the mechanics. I'll now have a few days to get used to the surroundings. Sorry that I have no pictures to post, I will take some tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Lawrence of Arabia, I look forward to some pictures!!
Amanda :-)

Mike Van Eps said...

Me thinks, smoke in cockpit bad.

Anonymous said...

I thought you said the other day there's nothing wrong with the plane! I agree with van eps, unless it's incense, smoke ain't great in a cockpit :) -JON

The Werner Family said...

Jon I am so jealous of your adventures! I want to travel to Europe. I guess I will have to live through you! I am loving your stories! I must admit that I was hoping to see your name on a card!